Here we are folks! Our second instalment of our VE Day cocktails!
This is the Vulcan, lovingly named after one of the Queen’s Dorgi’s is the very taste of Britain in one delicious cocktail. It is a delicate combination of Gin, Earl Grey, and Cucumber. Certainly sounds like a great British picnic to us!
50ml BH1 Gin
25ml Earl Grey Tea Reduction
½ Teaspoon Lemon Juice
¼ Teaspoon Matcha Tea Powder
1 Egg White
Slice of Cantaloupe Melon, to serve
Ingredients for Earl Grey Tea Reduction
200ml Earl Grey Tea
Method (Earl Grey Tea Reduction)
- Brew 200ml of Earl Grey Tea (Loose leafed or bagged whichever you prefer, we used tea bags)
- Add the sugar
- Add mixture to a pan, bring to the boil and stir over high heat until sugar dissolves
- Simmer over medium heat until syrupy
- This method will make 100ml of syrup which can be stored in the fridge for up to a month.
Method – The Vulcan
- Add your preferred amount of ice to a tall glass
- Add all of your ingredients to a shaker except for the ice and cucumber tonic and dry shake*
- Top up the shaker with ice, and shake again
- Strain into your tall glass
- Top up with your preferred amount of tonic
- Garnish with sliced melon or a cucumber wheel
- Take an awesomely aesthetic photo and tag BH1 to show off your super-duper cocktail making skills
- Victory sip.
*Dry shaking: shaking ingredients without ice, dry shaking is the method used when building up the volume of a cocktail by using an egg white. *
What’s that? You DON’T have your bottle of BH1 Original Small Batch Gin yet? Well, it’s your lucky day! Pop on over to our shop and receive 15% off your order AND FREE delivery to any BH postcode!
Use the code STAYSAFE upon checkout
Missed out on our original VE Day hero cocktail? Get the recipe for The Candy here!
Photographs by the extremely talented @LSPHOTO